Truck Dispatcher For Chicago Area
JRC Dedicated Services in Skokie, Il is seeking a local trucking dispatcher. This candidate should be a take-charge specialist with experience in trucking and customer service.
JRC is local company that hauls dry freight in vans and straight trucks in and around the Chicago metropolitan area. JRC’s trucks are loaded and unload with powered equipment which reduces most labor issues. JRC has late model equipment which is supported by a proven maintenance program. The trucks are always kept clean and in good running condition. JRC has 16 trucks with a solid customer base.
- Supervise the regular route trucks and dispatch on-demand trucks.
- Take orders by telephone and through on-line communications.
- Prepare daily schedules.
- Coach drivers periodically in paperwork to achieve and exceed minimum standards.
- Must use ELD systems and work with drivers to use them properly.
- Manage trailers in multiple lots.
- Will handle inbound container delivery. (5% of the loads)
- Communicate professionally with customers and drivers.
- Must be safety oriented.
- Must have acquired an excellent knowledge of roads and routes in the Chicago metropolitan area through a previous dispatch experience. ( 3 years or will train the right person)
- Needs to be familiar with trucking sizes and variations, weights and limits, roads and routes, hauling dry freight of all kinds, and interstate and intrastate shipping
- Must be skilled in using Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Must be able to route and use map programs.
The benefits include paid vacations, paid health insurance and paid holidays. The position is full-time, 5 days per week (1st shift daytime) Monday through Friday.
3423 W Howard
Skokie, IL 60076
(847) 329-5030 – Ask for Joe
Class B CDL
JRC Dedicated Services is looking for the right person with a CDL(B) seeking long-term employment with a solid company. The applicant must have 2 years of verifiable driving experience with a straight truck with air brakes. This quality individual will be supporting manufacturers in the dynamic north Chicago metropolitan area. This position requires that the driver must be able to make multiple LTL stops and be able to use a pallet-jack or liftgate when necessary. JRC’s straight trucks are late- model, carefully maintained, clean and look great on the road. Electronic logs are installed on the company trucks. The driver is never asked to exceed the limits written in the FMCSR. A HAZ-MAT endorsement is not required. THE PAY IS HOURLY WITH OVERTIME PAY AFTER 8 HOURS PER DAY.
- Company paid health insurance.
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays after 90 days.
Apply at: 3423 W Howard Skokie, IL 60076
Submit a current MVR with your application